Pupils are set homework in most subjects and are expected to adhere to deadlines. There is homework support throughout the week before school, during lunch times and prep sessions.
Teachers use Sims App to set HW. Pupils also record HW in their planners and are supported in organising themselves to ensure these tasks are completed and submitted on time.
If your child requires support with homework please contact us.
Key reasons for setting homework:
- To give pupils the opportunity to review their learning;
- To determine how well pupils have understood the work;
- To give parents an opportunity to see what their child is learning at school;
- To develop pupils' ability to work independently;
- To teach pupils how to prioritise and problem solve.
We also use homework in the following ways:
- To practise skills
- For extension
- New learning or pre-work